Who are we?

We are the support workers for S.D. 36. (Attendants, Bus Drivers, Clerical, Caretakers, Maintenance, SEAs, and Student Support)

What is CUPE?

CUPE is the Canadian Union of Public Employees. We are the backbone of our communities. Our members are healthcare workers, municipal workers, social services, community school workers, college and university workers, senior home workers, childcare, animal shelter workers, airport security, and much, much more. We are the workers who deliver important public services.

How can I get involved?

Whether your goal is to have a say in bargaining or to one day be National President it all starts at our local meetings. General membership meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month, at 8:00 p.m. Please check the home page as to the location of the meeting.

How can I get news about CUPE local 728?

This website is good start. Remember to read The Chronicle, our monthly newsletter for all the latest news. CUPE 728 also has a Facebook page that is updated frequently.

What if I have a work- related question or concern?

Hopefully you can find an answer to your question somewhere on this website or in the Collective Agreement but if you still need help, our shop stewards are there to answer any questions and try to deal with certain issues. You can find your shop steward in the contacts list. Please be considerate and call only at appropriate times.

What do I do if I feel I’m being harassed at the workplace?

Contact your shop steward. Do not try to handle such a situation on your own.

Where can I get a copy of our Collective Agreement?

The Collective Agreement will be on this website or you can pick up a copy at our union office at 5681 177B St. Surrey B.C. Copies are also also available at our general membership meetings.

Who works at the union hall?

When members call or come to our office, our secretary, Carole is the person who they usually have first contact with. She has been with us for many years. She handles the daily operation of the office and collects the sick bank forms. She is not a member of our union but a member of COPE 378. It is not her job to interpret our collective agreement or give advice to members. She will direct you to your shop steward.

Are there any other documents other than our Collective Agreement?